As a parent, you are the primary teacher in your child’s faith formation. We will be counting on you to impress upon your child the importance of faith formation and growth, regular attendance at Mass, and prayerful reading of Scripture.
This sacrament preparation begins in the 6th, 7th and 8th grade. Their journey has been in process since their baptism. Confirmation takes place in the 9th grade or when they feel they have fully matured in the faith and assume responsibility of an active role in their parish community.
Students preparing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation are expected to have completed the following:
- reception of the Sacraments of Baptism, First Eucharist, and Reconciliation
- Religious Formation classes through the 8th grade
- discern his/her own choice to be confirmed
- attend parent orientation meeting
- attend weekly Mass
- completed required service hours: 15 for 6th grade, 25 for 7th grade, 35 for 8th grade
- attend ALL scheduled preparation sessions including the retreat. Failure to do so may result in the delaying the reception of the sacrament until the following year.
- participate in a ministry service program. During this time, the candidate must be actively involved in various parish activities learning about ministry in the church first hand, and/or service days.
- complete an interview with Fr. Mike.
- attend the Confirmation retreat. The retreat is an essential component of the Confirmation process. All students preparing for the reception of the sacrament must attend the retreat. Non-attendance can cause the sacrament to be delayed until such a time that the student is able to attend the retreat. If you are unable to attend the retreat due to scheduling, please let us know and we will attempt to find another retreat for you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Cheryl Reynolds, Director of Religious Formation at 734-676-1378, ext. 206 or email@example.com.