Children aged seven and older are invited to begin preparation to receive the Eucharist for the first time. Under the direction of Staff and Catechists, families come to an understanding of Eucharist as a Sacrament of belonging, caring, sharing, thanksgiving, and of going forth to make a better world.
Students preparing to receive First Eucharist are required to:
- have completed first grade Religious Formation classes
- know the Our Father and Sign of the Cross
- attend weekly Mass
- have no more than 3 excused absences from class
- receive the sacrament of Reconciliation prior to reception of First Eucharist
Parents of students entering the First Eucharist program will be expected to:
- provide a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate if he/she was not baptized at Sacred Heart
- attend scheduled sessions and activities
- attend the Reconciliation prep session and the communion rehearsal
For more information, please contact Cheryl Reynolds, Director of Religious Formation at 734-676-1378, ext. 206.